Guidelines for Oregon News submissions:
- Honor the time-sensitive deadlines: August 20–Fall issue, October 20–Winter issue, January 20–Spring issue, May 20–Summer issue
- Submit text in a Microsoft Word document.
- Edit for content, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and word usage.
- Keep articles short and simple (KISS principle); 200 words maximum.
- Send photos attached separately that are clear and will look satisfactory in color or black and white; jpg preferred.
- Articles may be heavily edited (please indicate the highest priorities in your submissions).
Primarily promotes state and National programs and events.
Oregon News content outline:
Fall Issue (August 20 and September delivery):
Program VP: Report on summer conference.
Public Policy chair: Voter education and election issues.
Secretary: Action taken at summer conference.
District Directors: Information on fall district meetings; news from the branches.
Winter Issue (October 20 and November delivery):
Program VP: Promote state convening and associated fundraising.
Membership VP: Membership news.
Communications VP: Highlights from branch newsletters and websites.
Resolutions chair: Solicit resolutions for state convention.
Nominating committee: Announcement on nominating for state board.
Bylaws chair: Announcement of pending bylaws amendments.
District Directors: Reports on fall district meetings; news from the branches.
Spring Issue (January 20 and February/March delivery):
Focus on state convening
Program VP: Convening highlights, schedule, keynote speaker, leader photos and biographies, workshop descriptions, leader session descriptions.
Nomination chair: Nominees’ photos, campaign statements.
Membership VP: Preparations for convening and membership news.
Public Policy chair: Issues and proposals outline.
Resolutions/Bylaws chairs: Text of proposals.
AAUW Funds chair: Speaker(s) and program highlights.
Other: News item giving date for Summer Leadership event.
Summer Issue (May 20 and June delivery):
Program VP: Recap of annual meeting; program of summer meeting; registration form, times, dates, place, cost.
Membership VP: Membership awards and news.
AAUW Funds chair: State awards.
Secretary: Action taken at state business meeting; bylaws report.
District Directors: News from the branches.