Position Summary: The dues treasurer/data manager oversees the member dues payments,
and the names and numbers of members in each branch in the state.
Please keep a record of your activities during the year and upgrade this description as needed.
Leadership skills: The treasurer/data manager should have good organizational and numbers
skills, and familiarity with current technology tools that AAUW of Oregon uses, i.e. Google Drive,
MS Word, pdf files, Excel, Zoom and email.
• Serve on the AAUW of Oregon the Board of Directors.
• Receive dues payment from branch finance vice presidents/dues treasurers.
• Review and maintain copies of dues payments and membership reports.
• Deposit dues into the AAUW of Oregon bank account.
• Report deposits to the AAUW of Oregon Finance and Membership Vice Presidents.
• Be sure you are listed as a finance person with national AAUW so you can see the Membership Payment Program (MPP) data; the state president will need to notify national AAUW with your name and contact information.
• Receive and record dues payments and membership information from the branches around
the state and from national via the MPP; you will be notified each month when payment records are released through the national web site.
• Maintain a computer spreadsheet detailing the payments, AAUW memberships in Oregon and
• Work with branch dues treasurers to maintain accurate member counts by branch.
• Produce reports based on the member information for various state officers as requested.
• Provide an updated mailing list to the state communications vice president for those who get
the Oregon News by USPS.
• Provide support and technical assistance to branch dues treasurers as needed.
• Provide accurate February 1st membership count to state leaders for delegate allocation for
annual convention business meeting.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive committee or
the board of directors, or as specified in the bylaws.
Along with the time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities, this position requires
time to serve on the state board of directors. Attendance at state board meetings and state
meetings is required; attendance at the AAUW National Convention is strongly encouraged.
Resources: Consult with your predecessor; AAUW of Oregon State Directory, AAUW of
Oregon Bylaws and Policies; state website aauw-or.aauw.net; national website AAUW.org.
(revised April 2020)