AAUW is a national organization that promotes education and equity for all women and girls. Our commitment to these issues is reflected by our activism.
By joining AAUW, we belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Breaking through Barriers
The Association has over 100,000 members with 1,300 branches and 550 college/university institution partners nationwide, that lobbies and advocates for education and equity. Last year alone, the Oregon branches of AAUW gave $62,900 in scholarships to Oregon women seeking a higher education.
AAUW of Oregon, with over 1100 members across the state, generously supports the AAUW Funds. Those funds include causes that;
- support protection of legal rights for those facing discrimination in any workplace (#3999 Legal Advocacy Fund)
- support lifelong learning opportunities and scholarships (# 4336 Educational Opportunitites Fund)
- support advocacy for policies and laws affecting women (#4337 Public Policy Fund)
- provide research on women’s issues (#9170 Eleanor Roosevelt Fund) and others. More information here.
Interesting statistics about AAUW members:
- 97% are registered voters
- 65% use the Web daily
- AAUW members have a minimum of an associate’s degree
- 46% have a master’s degree and 12% hold a doctorate
- More than 60% have above-average income
- 55% are between the ages of 40 and 70