AAUW of Oregon members are tenacious and trailblazing–advocating for women and girls since 1924 and into the future!
AAUW of Oregon promotes advocacy, takes action to empower women and girls, and connects National AAUW with branch members.
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance.
AAUW empowers all women and girls to reach their highest potential.
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership, workforce, leadership team and board of directors. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
(rev. AAUW, June 2018)
AAUW of Oregon–with over 1000 members, 23 branches, and 13 college/ university institution partners statewide–lobbies and advocates for education and equity. We generously support AAUW Funds whose causes include:
- support protection of legal rights for those facing discrimination in any workplace
- support lifelong learning opportunities and scholarships
- support advocacy for policies and laws affecting women
- provide research on women’s issues and others. More information here.
- 97% are registered voters
- 65% use the Web daily
- AAUW members have a minimum of an associate’s degree
- 46% have a master’s degree and 12% hold a doctorate
- More than 60% have above-average income
- 55% are between the ages of 40 and 70