AAUW of Oregon
AAUW of Oregon is part of a nationwide network of approximately 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 branches, and 800 college and university partners, has been a leading advocate for equity and education for women and girls since 1881.
Student Applications for NCCWSL 2020 Available Now!
2020 National Conference for College Women Student Leaders May 27- May 30, 2020 • University of Maryland, College Park
Applications must be received by February 10, 2020.
For more information on this year’s NCCWSL, speakers and activities, go to https://www.nccwsl.org/
February 24, 2020
AAUW’s annual opportunity to meet our legislators and discuss AAUW priorities is happening during the 2020 legislative short session in Salem. Join your fellow AAUW members for a full day of engagement with politically minded women who are making a difference in their communities.
- Register online – https://aauw-or.aauw.net/lobby-day-2020/
- Registration form for mail registration – https://aauw-or.aauw.net/lobby-day-2020/
In this important election year, we will hear from speakers and a panel discussing how we can encourage women to run and get elected.
Women Legislators in Salem: Getting There and Staying There
- Making the Decision
- Running a Campaign
- Winning the Race
- Finding Your Place
- Bi-partisan Collaboration
Whether you are thinking of running for office, know of someone who would make an excellent candidate, or you are interested in how candidates get into office and stay there, join us!
Look for an agenda, registration form, and hotel information in the February Issue of “Oregon News”.
Organized by the AAUW Ashland Branch
Mark your calendars for April 17-19 in Vancouver, WA for the Oregon/Washington Dual State Convention.
Celebrate women’s suffrage with like-minded friends. Dress in white for “Suffrage Night” at Saturday’s dinner and enjoy a festive evening of historical entertainment.
- Be part of a wonderful weekend at the beautiful and rustic Heathman Lodge.
- Network with old friends and make new ones from other branches.
- Learn from a diverse group of experts on AAUW’s major themes of education and training; economic security; and leadership.
- Explore the Vancouver area with a number of guided tours on Friday afternoon.
- Watch for details of the convention in the Winter state newsletter, including hotel information, registration form and meeting agenda.
AAUW of Oregon Public Policy
AAUW of Oregon in Action!
- AAUW of OR Public Policy Update November 2019
- Oregon Childcare Report 9-19
- AAUW of OR Public Policy Program Goals-2018-19
- Instructions on how to become a Two Minute Activist
- Oregon Equal Pay Day Toolkit
AAUW of Oregon Priorities
Click link to see the priorities selected for AAUW of Oregon for 2018-2020: AAUW of Oregon Priorities
- OR News Winter Issue 2019
- Join us on Facebook at AAUW of Oregon
- AAUW of Oregon Instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/aauw_of_oregon/
- AAUW of Oregon Pinterest page – https://www.pinterest.com/aauworegon/
- National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL)
- STATE CONVENTION 2019 Officers’ Reports
Do you have a friend or family member who is getting ready to graduate? AAUW wants to help new graduates feel confident about entering the job market. Join AAUW in getting #5GradsYouKnow to sign up for Work Smart Online, a free salary negotiation course. Register here: https://aauw.us/5gradsyouknow
Membership is open to all graduates who hold an associate or equivalent, a baccalaureate, or higher degree from a college or university on the AAUW list of qualified institutions. Student affiliate memberships are also available for those currently enrolled in a qualified institution of higher learning.
About the Member Center
There are many pages on this Web site that are available for browsing and we hope that our visitors find them to be both enjoyable and informative (click navigation buttons above).
In addition, there is a second part to the site that is non-public. It is called the Member Center and that is where members of AAUW will find the forms, lists, and documents that are the basic tools for the smooth running of our organization. Back issues of the state newsletter are available also.
To log-in to the AAUW Oregon Member Center, follow the procedure outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of this website.