Position summary: The chair is the liaison to branches and the state for national AAUW
programs in STEM, and should have knowledge of these programs.
Needed skills include planning and goal setting, program planning and effective communication
for interaction and presentations.
Please keep a record of your activities during the year and upgrade this description as needed.
Leadership skills: The chair should be familiar with current technology tools that AAUW of
Oregon uses, i.e. Google Drive, MS Word, pdf files, Excel, Zoom and email.
• Serve on the AAUW of Oregon Board of Directors.
• Be a resource for Oregon Branches regarding the national programs.
• Provide information and encouragement about the programs.
• Contact branch Program VP’s once a month – September thru May – with updates on the
programs and contact information.
• Offer to speak at branch meetings about the national programs and how branches can
• Attend meetings when possible that discuss STEM projects.
• Act as liaison to the state board to relay new program information coming from national.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive committee or
the board of directors.
The time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities will depend on the number of Tech
Trek camps and other STEM programs around the state. This position requires time to serve on
the state board of directors and other committees as assigned. Attendance at state executive
committee meetings, board meetings and conventions/annual meetings is required; attendance
at the AAUW National Convention is strongly encouraged.
Resources: Consult with your predecessor and other previous STEM chairs; AAUW of
Oregon Bylaws and Policies; AAUW of Oregon Directory; state website aauw-or.aauw.net;
national website AAUW.org.
(revised April 2020)