Position summary: The Technology Committee chair serves as a voting member of the AAUW of Oregon Board of Directors. The purpose of the role is to serve as a liaison between the committee and the Board, to take the directions of the board back to the committee so that it may carry out those directions.
Leadership skills: A good candidate will be skilled in planning and goal setting, program planning and development, communications, team building, coalition building, public speaking, thinking outside the box, and understanding various forms of technology and social media platforms.
- Serve on the AAUW of Oregon Board of Directors.
- Serve as a resource for members, branches, standing committees and the state board as to regarding the use of technology currently used by AAUW of Oregon
- Submit articles for the Oregon News as necessary
- Submit a report for the workbook at the annual meeting.
- Provide training/education to board members as requested in various technologies used by AAUW of Oregon.
- Answer questions and address issues related to AAUW of Oregon’s use of technology across all of its platforms.
- Provide a written report at least once a year summarizing the work and accomplishments of the committee.
- Provide support and assistance to individual AAUW of Oregon branches and members with their technology questions and issues upon request.
- Set up training/education sessions as needed with individual branches as requested.
- Maintain a regular schedule of meetings of the committee with ongoing feedback to and for committee members.
- Establish a communication schedule with other Technology Chairs in Oregon; regular contact will help support branch efforts.
- Perform all other duties usually pertaining to this office or those designated by the executive committee or the board of directors.
Whatever is required to attend to the duties of this position. Attendance at state board meetings and State Meeting and other state meetings are required.
Resources: Consult with your predecessor, AAUW of Oregon State Directory; state website aauw-or.aauw.net; national website AAUW.org., various technical publications about social media
Georgia Applegate, 2021