Position summary: Act as a resource for all state officers, especially the president. Skills
needed in this position are communications, planning and goal setting, marketing, team building, consensus building and leadership development.
Please keep a record of your activities during the year and upgrade this description as needed.
• Serve on the AAUW of Oregon Board of Directors.
• Serve as an advisor and resource to the state president, the executive committee and the
board of directors in developing, implementing and overseeing all AAUW activities in
• Be available for special requests from the president.
• Serve as a mentor to current and future state and branch leaders.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive committee or
the board of directors, or as specified in the bylaws.
Time commitment: Along with the time necessary to accomplish the above responsibilities, this position requires time to serve on the state executive committee, the state board of directors and other committees as assigned. Attendance at state executive committee meetings, board meetings and conventions/annual meetings, and at the AAUW National Convention is strongly encouraged.
Resources: Consult with your predecessor; AAUW of Oregon State Directory, AAUW of Oregon Bylaws and Policies; state website aauw-or.aauw.net; national website AAUW.org
(adopted April 2020)