The state events coordinator is responsible for choosing the date and location of state meetings, in consultation with the president and the program vice president.
Please keep a record of your activities during the year and upgrade this description as needed.
Leadership skills: good organizational skills, ability to set and meet deadlines, knowledge of
equipment needed for meetings, some knowledge of conference contracts, and ability to
communicate regularly with the state board and any involved committees.
• Serve on the AAUW of Oregon Board of Directors.
• Research and prepare a list of venues around the state that meet needs of the organization.
• Recommend to the president the time and place for state meetings.
• Develop a suitable standard contract from which to negotiate with venues.
• Negotiate contract with venue for state president to sign.
• Serve as contact person with the facility for all needs related to the meeting, including the
number of sleeping rooms and meeting rooms, audio visual equipment and meals.
• Be responsible for on-site liaisons with the facility during the meeting to help solve problems
related to the facility.
• Arrange for display of the state banners and on-site signage.
• Delegate to assistants as needed.
• Recommend appointment of an on-site facilities coordinator, if one is desired.
• Verify terms of agreement for the meeting rooms, ensuring that rooms are appropriate for the
• Determine technology needs for each meeting room and arrange for equipment.
• Identify and meet with individual(s) who will provide experienced technical assistance.
• Determine and have rooms set up according to program needs.
• Provide a diagram for each session so facility will have written set-up requirements.
• Business session equipment: three microphones, one for podium and two floor microphones;
projector and laptop computer; screen; skirted head table on a raised platform that seats
at least three.
• Arrange for other equipment as requested for program needs, such as easels, chart paper and
• Verify terms of agreement for the sleeping rooms, ensuring that rooms are reserved per
• Verify complimentary sleeping room(s) and reservations.
• Store the equipment owned and used by the state at state meetings, which may include
microphone/speaker systems, a digital projector, plus a cart, and cases for everything.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive committee or
the board of directors, or as specified in the bylaws.
Time commitment: Attendance at all state board meetings, and major time commitment in the 3-4 months before the state annual meeting.
Resources: Consult with your predecessor; AAUW of Oregon State Annual Meeting Guide;
AAUW of Oregon Bylaws and Policies; AAUW of Oregon Directory; state website: aauwor.aauw.net; national website: AAUW.org.
(revised April 2020)